Koi Forum

Koi Forum is a great way of sharing your knowledge of koi and delving into a huge amount of existing content. Koi Forum is a dynamic, content rich forum with some of the best minds in the business regularly contributing.
Koi team, Jan 2013

Visit Koi Forum now and start the discussion today! Visit Koi Forum now and start the discussion today!

Failed loading XML...
Got a question on rule clarification, comments on rule enforcements or some memorable NHL stories? Kerry wants to answer - Koi Forum
  • Koi Forum

Come join the conversation

Got a question on rule clarification, comments on rule enforcements or some memorable NHL stories? Kerry wants to answer

Appreciating koi is a learned experience. Why does one koi cost much more than another? Share your experiences and ideas with other members.
jokergreen0220

Got a question on rule clarification, comments on rule enforcements or some memorable NHL stories? Kerry wants to answer

Postby jokergreen0220 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:42 am

Got a question on rule clarification, comments on rule enforcements or some memorable NHL stories? Kerry wants to answer your emails at cmonref@tsn. Pascal Siakam Raptors Jersey .ca. Hey Kerry, As always, I really enjoy your take on some of the questionable plays/calls/non-calls. I thought I would try and lighten it up a little with a request for you to share a truly funny or odd moment that you may have had while the players were lining up at the dot. There have been a couple of brief interchanges recently that made me think of this, the latest being at about 12:23 of the first in the Hawks/Kings game on Monday. With all the games you have done, there must be a few. Care to share any? Thanks again, Bajuhn Hey Bujuhn, The camera often catches intense debates between players or coaches and the officials but misses the lighter, humorous side that helps to bring the temperature down and build healthy professional working relationships. I learned early in my career that the use of humor, when appropriate (especially self-deprecating), had its place on the ice. Early in my very first season as a referee, I had a game where the home team was getting soundly trounced and their frustration was continuously being directed at me. I responded with multiple misconduct penalties and, toward the end of the game, players were sitting three deep in the penalty box. Following another goal that took the score in double digits, the coach sent his captain over to have a word with me. Very politely the captain asked, "Mr. Referee, my coach wants to know if he can get a penalty for thinking?" I said, "Probably not if he doesnt think out loud." The captain then said, "In that case, my coach thinks you are a F-ing A-hole!" I not only found the coaches comment to be creative but very funny and I began to laugh. The stern look on the face of the coach changed to a grin and then he began to laugh as well. The humor we shared in that moment, albeit at my expense, broke the ice and taught me a valuable lesson that would serve me throughout my career. In the early 1980s, I was the first referee to wear a wireless microphone during a game at MSG between the Minnesota North Stars and the Rangers. The microphone was left open throughout the entire game so it brought the television audience directly to the action on the ice with uncensored comments. We had several dust-ups throughout the game where my mic caught all the pleasantries that were being exchanged between players. Willi Plett tried to club Don Maloney of the Rangers in once such scrum and caught me on the bridge of my nose with his glove. After Plett served his penalty, he approached me at a stoppage of play and asked, "Is this your worst game of the season?" I shot back with a smile, "No, theyre all about this caliber." Plett looked dumbfounded and shook his head while skating away. At times, I tried to council rookie officials not to take themselves so seriously in an effort to solicit player cooperation and earn respect. In 1988, my friend and colleague, linesman Pierre Champoux signed an NHL contract. Pierre quickly developed into an excellent linesman but in the beginning of his career, he did not have a very good command of the English language to put it mildly. We left training camp together that September and headed out West to work exhibition games and to work on Pierres English language skills. One of our early assignments was in Los Angeles and the rookie linesman wanted to establish his full control in the faceoff circle. Bernie Nicholls entered Pierres domain late in the first period to take the draw. In what Nicholls correctly perceived as an aggressive tone and animated gesture, the linesman commanded Nichols with, "You, put your stick down!" Bernie straightened up, cussed at Champoux by questioning who the "F" the rookie thought he was talking to? Nicholls was immediately ejected from the faceoff with a quick jerk of the linesmans thumb followed by, "You, out!" I skated over and told Nicholls to relax as a replacement entered the faceoff circle. Between periods, I conveyed the importance of quickly developing a good working relationship with all the players to gain respect and solicit their cooperation. I acted out a role-play to demonstrate the linesmans command to Nicholls that wasnt well received; followed by a polite approach I always used by requesting the centres to "please put your sticks down." It was obvious to Pierre which method would be better received by a player in the future. I finished by commenting if Pierre still received a hostile comment from a player following his polite request to follow with a lighter approach by saying, "Why are you so grumpy, did someone *!*%*! on your cornflakes this morning?" Pierre said I like dat and he couldnt wait to get on the ice to try his new techniques in the faceoff circle; especially the cornflakes line as it turned out. As the centres arrived for the faceoff, Pierre still had a bit of an edge to his tone when he commanded, "You, put your stick down please." Getting some resistance from the player, my rookie student responded immediately with, "Put your stick down or I will *!*%*! on your corn-flake!" Something got lost in the translation. Champoux quickly developed a command of the English language and continues to be recognized by the players as a highly respected linesman in the NHL. Pierre also enjoys his bowl of cornflakes in the morning with low-fat milk. Vince Carter Raptors Jersey . Alexander was released last week by the Edmonton Eskimos, where he spent the past three seasons at safety. He had 121 defensive tackles, five special teams tackles and seven interceptions in 51 regular-season and three playoff games. Delon Wright Raptors Jersey . The San Angelo, Texas product, who was a high school and college quarterback sensation in the Lone Star State, will start his first CFL game with the Saskatchewan Roughriders (9-4) on Friday at Mosaic Stadium against the leagues top team, the Calgary Stampeders (11-2). http://www.authenticraptorsauthority.com/jason-thompson-raptors-jersey-c-16/ . Geovany Soto had an RBI for the Cubs. Carlos Silva gave up one run on three hits over six innings to pick up the win. Josh Willingham drove in the lone run for the Nationals, who had just four hits.NEW ORLEANS -- The Saints have re-signed free agent linebacker and special teams player Ramon Humber to a one-year contract. The announcement was made Friday by Mickey Loomis, the Saints executive vice-president and general manager. The 5-foot-11, 232-pound reserve linebacker originally signed with Indianapolis in 2009 as an undrafted free agent, playing in the Colts loss to New Orleans in Super Bowl XLIV. A season later, he signed with the Saints and has been with the team since, becoming a key special teams player and a steady reserve linebacker. Since 2010, he has 36 special teams tackles in the regular season and playoffs combined. The Saints finished the season with the leagues seventh-best punting unit, but allowed 25.2 yards per kick return, ranking 26th in the NFL. In 2013, playing in defensive co-ordinator Rob Ryans system, he saw action in all 16 games, starting thrree of them. Jason Thompson Jersey. He finished with a career-high 24. Fourteen of his tackles came in his three starts, including a four-tackle, half-sack performance at New England. Humber is the first Saints player who hit the free agent market to re-sign with the team. New Orleans watched as safety Malcolm Jenkins signed with Philadelphia. Kicker Shayne Graham and linebacker Keyunta Dawson were scheduled to become free agents before re-signing with the Saints in February. The Saints have been able to make a splash in free agency in spite of having little room to work with under the salary cap. The Saints began free agency less than $3 million under the salary cap. The day Jenkins agreed to play for Philadelphia, New Orleans brought in and signed Jairus Byrd, a three-time Pro Bowl safety from Buffalo. Byrd will make $1.3 million in base salary in 2014. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Return to “Koi Appreciation”