Koi Pond

General discussion about all things Koi

Postby terrym » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:00 pm

[;)][;)][;)]who`s PTSL this has got to be a wind up and people bit

SORRY
POP
terrym

Postby chansta » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:56 pm

hey, i had my koi before in a much larger pond in another house! duh had too move. um i havent posted the measurements because i am like opposite hours to you guys, also got work and dont finish till late ill get them up today since its friday

nah they havent gotten any worse, i highly suspect starvation but that could be just me...would 2 days starve koi? since no others died either that or they were doomed from the begginning since the biggest one is still around with me :D
chansta
Starting member
Starting member

Postby saph.st24 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:03 pm

i have a pond of 550G and have 6 not so small koi and not had any problems
even when i had the tetrapond pfxuv5000 filter which couldnt cope with the waste load
so just had to put the work into cleaning it and water changes every other day to keep the water spot on till i bought a filter to do the job properly

im going for water quality issues not starvation koi can got for 10-14 days without food
and the fish that has died has lightned the load on the filter slightly but that my opinon
saph.st24

Postby amphibianalf » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:16 am

[quote][color=#ff0000]um i havent posted the measurements because i am like opposite hours to you guys, [/color][/quote]

[b][i][color=#3333cc]hi ya chansta....[/color][/i][/b]
[color=#3333cc][b][i]i too am at opposite hrs, i work nights so in the winter i nomally only see night time ....the forum is open 24hrs you can post it anytime ..besides hong kong is only 7 hrs ahead of the uk...[/i][/b][/color]
[color=#3333cc][b][i]when i built my pond i worked into the night laying bricks with a flood light in the garden.....i often do work/maintainance at night aslong as i'm not doing a noisy job...i get more done, no distractions.....have you deceided what route to take bout lining the pond[/i][/b] [i][b]...AL....[/b][/i][/color]
amphibianalf

Postby chansta » Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:30 pm

hey guys i redid the parameters and this is what i got
amonia:0mg
nitrite:0.5
ph:7.5
Oxygen:6.0mg
phosphate:0.5mg

i also added more fish ill post pics later...they were 8 euros each (hkd 130) they will make u all real jealous but now that they are in there they seem to bring the other fish up, there not chagoi or ochiba or anything but they help because i watched them frenzy over the food :D
chansta
Starting member
Starting member

Postby chabev10 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:23 am

Your are of your trolley putting more fish in there, You need to get your problems sorted out first and the slowly introduce fish to let your filter get up to speed OH and you need to get a liner of some sort in there.
chabev10

Postby amphibianalf » Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:13 am

THIS HAS GOTTA BE A F##ING WINDUP AINT IT ????????
amphibianalf

Postby goldenera0 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:03 am

Chansta-why not take a look in the mirror and check your comedian perameters ?
goldenera0

Postby Nicko » Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:10 am

Brilliant...more fish in the waterproofed planter[:D][:D][:D]

What a jockey![:D]
Nicko

Postby chansta » Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:43 am

the pond is fine and the fish are fine. i went out to a koi farm and they said that maybe the reason that they dont come up is that they are scared and that there is not enough fish so i have bought more fish, they are now coming up to feed frenzying

im not looking for trouble but i have seen the results of my cousin, he is a fish expert, so he told me to add some salts, and add maybe a couple of fish, so now they come and feed
chansta
Starting member
Starting member

PreviousNext

Return to Koi Talk

• Advertisement
  • View new posts
  • View unanswered posts